UP Online Application Portal is open to students applying to the University of Pretoria.
On this page you will find more information about what you need to access the UP online application portal.
If you haven’t gathered any relevant information about the University of Pretoria online application yet, check here for a comprehensive guide.
Before starting the University of Pretoria online application on UP Online application portal, students basically need;
- A working email address
- your South African identity number
- If you are an international applicant, your passport number
UP Online Application Portal requirement
The list below specifies the general application requirements for your University of Pretoria Online Application.
- A prospective student only needs to complete one online application.
- All applicants must complete both a first and second choice on the online application.
- After processing your online registration you will receive a student number.
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does NOT mean you have already been accepted by the University of Pretoria.
- You must ensure that you complete your own online application.
- Distance learning students are encouraged to visit the “Distance Learning” website before applying.
- It is important to note that if you wish to study the BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)(Interior Architecture) selection programmes, you must indicate them as the first choice in your application, otherwise you will not be considered for these programmes.
- It is also advisable to indicate the other selection programs as first choice on the online application.
UP Online Application 2023 Opening Date
The opening date for the University of Pretoria Online Application 2023 is April 1, 2022.
Prospective students are encouraged not to begin their application to the University of Pretoria until or after this date.
Applicants will not be able to access the portal until this date. This means that you cannot make your online application before the opening date.
UP Online Application 2023 Closing Date
The University of Pretoria Online Application Portal 2023 closing date is 30 June 2022.
Please note that the university will not consider applications received after the closing date.
Students applying to UP in all programs should do well to apply before the closing date.
|UP Online Application 2023 Opening Date||UP Online Application 2023 Closing Date|
|April 1, 2022||June 30, 2022|
Before you start applying, you should read this article about the University of Pretoria Online portal required documents.
Before you begin the application process, you must:
- Review the checklist at the end of this document to learn about all the requirements. You must have certain information ready, as well as certain supporting documents that are available electronically, without which you cannot complete your online application.
You can only submit your online application once on the UP application portal you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- All necessary scanned supporting documents uploaded in .pdf format AND
- Paid the application fee by credit card OR upload proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, account number 012602604 (see checklist).
- If you did not click APPLY, your form was not submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after clicking VERIFY and APPLY on the UP online application portal:
- You can no longer edit your application through the Online Application System.
- You will receive an e-mail informing you of your assigned student number (EMPLID).
- You will also be sent other important procedures detailing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
Go to UP Online Application Portal