SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 is looking for young, purposeful students who wish to continue their studies in Germany with a scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024.
SBW Berlin Scholarship is currently open to international students and is looking for brilliant students with financial constraints to fund their studies abroad. This scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
The scholarship is offered for both undergraduate and graduate studies. The scholarship offers a 100% tuition fee waiver, monthly stipend, accommodation and travel allowance and many more benefits.
SBW Berlin supports educational projects all over the world. With our SBW Berlin Scholarship, we contribute to the international progress and dissemination of education and knowledge.
SBW Berlin was founded in 2018 by Stefan Wienecke and Anika Maneva. Their vision is a world where all people will have equal opportunities to develop their talents and capabilities to develop countries.
Scholarships are awarded for undergraduate and graduate programs in Berlin and Potsdam based on the student’s academic qualifications, personal aptitude and social needs.
SBW Berlin Scholarship Overview
- Study level: Bachelors, Masters
- Institutions): SBW Berlin
- Studying in: Germany
- Available courses: all fields
- Program duration: depending on the chosen study programme.
- deadline: May 15 to June 30 / November 15 to December 31
SBW Berlin Scholarship Benefits
SBW Berlin Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost of living in the amount calculated in heading IX.
- Tuition fees
- Possibly also travel allowance for your trip to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the return journey after your studies
Eligibility Criteria for SBW Berlin Scholarship
Applicants should consider the following:
- Required language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Age Restriction: 18-30 years old
- Applicants must be before the start of their university studies or be fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or apply for a master’s degree shortly before or after graduation of a bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond to a German point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants who can demonstrate a relatively low net income. The total household income of the applicants does not exceed the average income officially established for their home country. The income of all members of the household and all sources of income of the family (for example from work, business activities, assets, child benefit or pension) are taken into account.
Extracurricular Activities Experience: Applicants who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship
Applicants must have admission, acceptance or proof of eligibility for a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
(1) Fill in the application form.
(2) Fill in your personal and contact details and add your photo.
(3) Provide information about your current and prior education.
(4) Provide information about the following:
- Your parents and members of your household.
- Most recent school or college certificate
- Highest graduation
- Highest holds a university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training, in case of applications for vocational training
- Internships and professional experience
- Your skills, hobbies and interests
- Travel experience abroad
- Volunteering experience
(5) Add the following documents:
If available, also copies of the following documents:
We recommend that all applicants submit the following additional documents, which are not required:
- one or two letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, employers, etc.
- proof of net household income
Remark: Uncertified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. If the applicant successfully passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be required during the verification process.
(6) The application and all attached certificates and supporting documents must be submitted
German or English via e-mail to [email protected]
The final decision on whether or not to award a scholarship (from the following semester) can be made
expected in early February and early August respectively each year.
Other Recommended Scholarships
At this point, we assume that you have gathered sufficient information about the SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023, how to apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship and the eligibility criteria. Please share with others.