New SASSA R350 Grant Requirements 2022 has been introduced by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). These new SASSA grant requirements must be met by all applicants.
As a SASSA scholarship applicant, you should familiarize yourself with the new R350 grant requirements introduced by SASSA. This will go a long way in helping you in your Apply for a Sassa grant.
In this article, we will introduce you to the different categories of people who may now be eligible to apply for a SASSA R350 scholarship and the new requirements for Sassa R350 scholarships.
The article also provides relevant informative answers to most of your doubts about the new Sassa R350 grant requirements for the 2022/2023 application period.
New SASSA R350 Grant Requirements
Sassa has introduced the new rules for applying for Sassa grants. The South African Social Security Agency has requested that all new applicants meet these requirements.
According to SASSA, the subsidy scheme of R350 must be in line with social assistance legislation, which specifies that the monthly threshold for an individual must be R350.
Who is eligible to apply for a SASSA R350 scholarship under the new requirements?
Under the new requirement, the following people are eligible to apply for a SASSA R350 scholarship. Applicant must be a/a;
- South African citizen
- Permanent resident
- Holder of a special permit under the Angolan Special Dispensation, the Lesotho Exempt Permit Dispensation or the Zimbabwe Exempt Permit
- Asylum seeker whose permit or visa is valid according to Article 22
- Registered in the Home Office database or in the Agency’s social benefits database with a unique system-generated identification number for persons without identity papers
- Between 18 and 60 years old
- Currently living within the borders of South Africa
- Not a resident of a government-funded or subsidized institution
- Not unreasonably refuse to accept employment or training opportunities.
According to SASSA, under the new R350 requirements, beneficiaries will be required to undergo a special Covid-19 SRD grant income test to ensure grant beneficiaries are still qualified to receive payments for the grant.
SASSA states that it will do the checks to see if a beneficiary is still eligible through the financial banks. All beneficiaries are also encouraged to check the SASSA website after every 3 months to provide them with relevant information as to whether they still need the grant.
Aside from the new SASSA R350 grant requirements, previous grant beneficiaries who have been asked to reapply can view this simple guide at How to Apply for SASSA Scholarship Again to do this.
SASSA has also opened a new portal for anyone whose application has been rejected. If you were one of them, you can now file an objection. To submit a notice of appeal, please refer to our guide How to File SASSA R350 Grant DSD Objection.
Important links from SASSA
- SASSA Grant Payment Dates for July 2022
- How To Check Sassa R350 Grant Status – Easy Steps
- New SASSA R350 Grant Requirements 2022
- How long does it take to receive SASSA R350 Grant payment after re-applying?
- Submit bank details to Sassa (2022)
- How to Update SASSA R350 Grant Personal Information
- How to Apply for SASSA R350 Grant Online (2022)
- Who is eligible for Sassa SRD Grant R350?
- How to Apply for Sassa R350 Grant on WhatsApp
- How do I cancel the SASSA R350 grant application? -Simple guide
- How long does the review of Sassa SRD take? – Explained
We hope this post about the new SASSA R350 grant requirements has been very helpful. Please share it with others who may also need the information.