Leiden University Excellence Scholarships. The Netherlands is one of the top countries with high-quality universities and apparently Leiden University is one of the top.
The scholarship is awarded to the best performing non-EEA/non-EFTA students enrolling in a full-time Master’s program at Leiden University.
Students with excellent academic results from their former schools are highly regarded, as opposed to students with low academic results from their former schools.
The scholarship also ensures that the tuition fees of successful applicants are covered through very intensive research work.
The number and nature of the allocation depends on the available budget per faculty.
This post will show applicants how to apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, the eligibility criteria and other indispensable information that connects the scholarship.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Summary
- Study level: master diploma
- Host institution(s): Leiden University in the Netherlands
- Studying in: The Netherlands
- Field of study: All full-time Master’s programs at Leiden University, with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs at the Faculty of Law
- Deadline: Feb 1/Oct 1 (annual)
- The Course begins: in September 2023/February 2024.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Coverage
Below is the value coverage of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships;
- Tuition fees (€10,000)
- €15,000 of tuition fees
- The LExS is not fully funded
- Non-EFA LExS recipients must provide proof of sufficient funds for their student visa/residence application
Criteria for Leiden University excellence grants
To be eligible for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships, applicants must possess the following attributes;
- Applicants must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, relevant to the Master’s program for which they are applying.
- Applicants/students must belong to the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme.
- Applicants must have a non-EFA/EFTA passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch student finance system, with the exception of students applying for the LLM continuing education programs or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy, for which there are no nationality restrictions to apply.
- All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
How to Apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
Here is an important aspect of the application process. Follow the link below to complete your application.
Below are some important links to other exchanges
University of Calgary International Admission Scholarship; Apply now
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship; Apply now
Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students; Apply now
Holland Scholarship for International Students; Apply now
Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students; Apply now
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for Commonwealth Developing Countries; Apply now
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships; Apply now
Supposedly this post was helpful as you learned how to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships and other relevant information.