If your dream is to study in Germany on a scholarship, the IMB International PhD program is currently open for the 2023/2024 academic year.
IMB International PhD Program 2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students interested in furthering their PhD in Mainz, Germany.
The International PhD Program (IPP) addresses key issues related to the overarching theme of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics and Genome Stability.
The IMB International program offers talented and passionate students the chance to pursue PhD studies at the cutting edge of contemporary biology.
The program is coordinated by the Institute of Molecular Biology, a recently established center of excellence in life sciences. Participating organizations are:
IMB international program overview
- Study level: PhD
- Institutions): IMB
- Studying in: Mainz, Germany
- deadline: 03 May 2023 / 26 November 2023
- Courses Offered:
- Systems Biology
- Applied Physics
- Cell and Developmental Biology
Benefits of the IMB International Program
IMB International PhD Program covers accommodation and travel expenses.
Eligibility IMB International PhD Program
Candidates must meet all the requirements below:
- Information required for the application (click here to download an example)
- Required language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other postgraduate degrees, awards, honors or awards (description to a maximum of 250 words).
- Details of research stay abroad during studies (if applicable).
- Details of previous research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum 300 words) and your conference contributions (title presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you want to work with; a maximum of 5 can be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups, as well as your scientific goals (maximum 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max. size 3 MB).
- A single file (max. size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies insofar as completed.
(including qualification certificates and transcripts of records)
– English test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school diploma (if any).
How to Apply for IMB International PhD Program
Follow the step-by-step procedure to apply successfully.
- Online registration from here.
Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
After registration you will immediately receive a link to your personalized online application form by e-mail. You will find this link at the end of an application guideline. On the application form you will be asked to provide the information and documents.
Since the form cannot be saved, we strongly recommend that you prepare the necessary information before starting. Texts can then be pasted into the form as desired. The application must be completed in English.
Approximately 25 – 30 shortlisted students will be invited for interviews in Mainz from 24 – 26 June 2021. The interviews will be held over 3 days and will include presentations by the group leaders and the applicants, as well as in-depth interviews with the group(s) . ) you could work with. Costs for accommodation and travel (including intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
Other Recommended Scholarships:
In this post, we shared information about the IMB International PhD Program In Germany, How To Apply For The Scholarship And The Eligibility Criteria. We hope this will help you in your journey to study in Germany.