How to register for UIF Online? Was it hectic for you to figure out how to apply for the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) without going to the job center?
Aside from searching how to register for UIF without moving to a nearest employment establishment, what else have you been looking for in terms of UIF?
UIF is not just about how to register, however, the fund contains so many aspects and categories that seem beneficial to almost all contributors.
UIF law and UIC law does not apply to every citizen as you may think before coming in contact with this post.
Employees whose work time does not exceed 24 hours per month are not eligible to register for UIF unless their work time exceeds 24 hours per month.
Now let’s look at the classes of people who are eligible to register for UIF.
- An employee whose working hours do not exceed 24 hours cannot enroll in UIF
- Students are also exempt from registering for the scheme
- Civil servants
- And foreigners should also note that you may not be able to register for UIF if you only work for an employer on a contract basis.
- employees who receive a monthly state pension
- Employees with a commission cannot register for the fund either
When registering for UIF, the reference number given after registration must be properly kept for logins and other purposes online.
UIF Registration has two folds, that is manual method and online method. The manual method involves visiting a nearest employment office for registration, while the online method involves sitting comfortably at home as the registration is done online.
For the online method, you will need the following before accessing the portal for successful registration;
- you must have a smartphone or computer that can access the internet
- you must have an internet access
- you must be able to read and write while completing your form online
In this article, we will walk you through the steps required to register online for UIF and other FAQs.
How to register for UIF Online?
Now let’s go through the UIF registration processes online without visiting any nearby employment office for manual assistance.
- Select “Registration/Register” after you see the menu on the left side uArchive screen.
- Register as a commercial employer or domestic employer. Complete the rest of the form following the prompts.
- After these steps, you will receive a UIF registration confirmation once registration is complete.
From here you are ready to go without having to walk a step to the employment office.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many months does UIF pay?
UIF pays when you have full credit days. For every four days that an employee works, an employee receives a day credit.
How often does UIF pay out?
After eight weeks of registration you should start earning something. Your money will then be paid out every four weeks.
Does UIF pay a lump sum?
Yes, it is calculated depending on the issue and the number of years you have contributed to the fund.
It is usually paid to beneficiaries of a UIF contributor upon his/her death.
Will all payments from the UIF be tax-free?
Yes, all distributions paid by the fund to its contributors are tax-free.
Important links on UIF
In this article, we were able to show you how to register for UIF online without visiting the job center and some frequently asked questions about UIF.