How can I check my UIF claim status online? Apparently every applicant or contributor to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) would like to know their UIF claim status when they apply.
The initiative of the South African government aims to save 2% on the monthly compensation of employees and employers and pay back when necessary.
Employees who are out of a job for any reason, be it maternity leave, parental leave and other factors, will be paid by the fund when any of the above occurs.
Many believe casual workers are not entitled to pay UIF contributions, but that is not the case.
Contingent employees who work more than 24 hours per month meet the fund’s credit hours and that gives the green light to pay their contributions to the fund.
In this article, we’ll take you through the ranks of checking your UIF claim status online and other frequently asked questions.
How to Check Your UIF Claim Status Online?
Checking your UIF claim status online is done in two ways: by using the old method or by using the new method.
The old method of checking your UIF is about visiting a nearby job center in your area to check your claim status.
As we say, culture is dynamic, and the world has also turned into a global village where your claim status can be checked with just a click.
Here’s how to check your UIF claim status online;
- Log in to the official UIF website at www.uFiling.co.za status check
- Click the Check My Status icon
- Follow the directions
- Enter the captcha numbers shown on the screen
- Enter your UIF reference number at the last stage to check your claim status
Please note that after all these steps are completed, you will receive a notification on your phone with your UIF claim status.
Nevertheless, you can also check your UIF claim status via email.
Following are the steps to check your UIF claim status online via email without going to an employment office;
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Your name, identification and UIF registration number must be included in the email.
UIF Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Documents Are Required to Claim Online UIF Maternity Benefits?
To apply for UIF maternity leave benefits online, you will need completed copies of the following documents;
- 13 digit ID or passport with barcode
- Form UI-19 – (to be completed by the employer)
- Form UI-2.7 – (must be completed by the employer)
- Form UI-2.8 – (for bank details)
- Form UI-2.3 (application form)
- Form UI-4 (follow-up form)
- Medical certificate from a doctor or birth certificate of the baby
Who is eligible for UIF maternity benefits?
To be eligible for UIF Maternity Benefits you must:
- work more than 24 hours per month for an employer
- Don’t be a student
- Don’t be an official
- Don’t be a foreigner working on a contract
- Not be an employee who receives a monthly (old-age) pension
- Don’t be an employee who only earns a commission.
Apart from the above, you must have worked for more than 13 weeks before submitting your application for UIF maternity leave benefits to the Department of Labour.
Also, make sure you submit your application before the child’s birth or within 12 months of giving birth.
Important links about UIF maternity benefits
This post contains information on how to check my UIF claim status online. We hope this post has been helpful.