Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 (Fully Funded) – The Honjo International Scholarship has opened applications for candidates from all countries of the world.
This scholarship is offered to applicants who are willing to pursue their studies on masters and Ph.D. courses. The academic year 2023-2024 gives students full fund benefits.
Value coverage for successful applicants includes monthly allowance, accommodation costs and travel expenses for attending an international conference.
With regard to this scholarship, it is aimed at providing quality education to academically good students who are vying to pursue their studies under diversified conditions in developing countries as well as some Japanese students pursuing their studies abroad.
This initiative of the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation helps students to advance in technologies and also enhances the good intentions of candidates who will serve as a development connector, linking Japan to the rest of the world in culture and mutual friendships.
At the end of this article, applicants would be able to know how to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation, the eligibility criteria and other quite important information related to the award scheme.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Summary
- Study level: — Masters, Ph.D.
- Host Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Studying in: – Japan
- courses: – There is no limitation in terms of research
- deadline: April 30, 2023/October 31, 2023
- Sex: Women and women
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Coverage
Below is the value coverage of the Honjo International scholarship;
- ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
- ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
- ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
- Travel expenses for attending an international conference etc.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should carefully study the following eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship;
- Required English language and Japanese
- Students from world countries who do not hold Japanese citizenship
- Basically, the student who enrolls in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, students who can submit a research plan are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the student pursuing the Ph.D. program must have been born after August 31, 1984. Students applying for master’s programs must have been born after August 31, 1989.
- The student must be strong-willed to serve in his/her home country upon graduation. This does not mean that you already have a guaranteed job or that you have to return to your home country immediately after graduating from university.
- The student must have a good understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and participate in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
How to Apply for the Honjo International Scholarship Foundation 2023
Applicants should carefully study the instructions below to facilitate the application process;
Enter “web application system“. Complete the application form and upload the following required documents.
From the undergraduate program of the university you graduated from and any other courses you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you have transferred to college, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All applicants must provide at least the academic transcript of the undergraduate course. Photocopies are acceptable.
- A scholarship application form, resume and personal information form; make sure to attach your photo to the application form. Download the forms above from the website. Please complete them in Japanese by typed or handwritten.
- In Japanese, describe focusing around the following four points; an outline of your research; projected schedule between now and graduation; plans and goals for the future; research you have conducted in the past (if applicable)
- A letter of recommendation from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should state the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality and his/her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former tutor knows you well, you can ask him/her for your letter of recommendation.
- Proof of registration or proof of admission. If the entrance exam has already been taken, or successful candidates of the entrance exam are not yet known before applying for this scholarship, please note the scheduled date of the exam or announcement of the result at the bottom of the application form. If you are already enrolled in graduate school, you must provide proof of current enrollment.
- A letter of recommendation from an academic supervisor.
- For 1, 4 and 5: prepare these documents in Japanese or English. If you have documents in other languages, please include Japanese or English translations.
Below are links to other scholarships;
Applicants can share this post if they found it helpful.