Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Students – These scholarships offered to international students in Belgium have nurtured so many countless individuals whose experiences have impacted many lives in their communities, regions, countries, continents and around the world.
Apparently these scholarships are financed by the Flemish government with the aim of stimulating the minds of international students with their top lectures.
Applicants may lose one of the applied scholarships when he/she refuses to pass the PassMark to maintain the status of the specific scholarship.
In that case, if a student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, he/she loses the fast-forward prize or in the second year of study.
New students receive stipends that allow them to have a stable residence and study at the university. Each student will receive €8,000 as a scholarship every year, provided that he/she is able to maintain the academic status expected by the scholarship board.
In this post, you would be able to know how to apply for the Flemish Government Mastermind Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024, the Eligibility Criteria and the Coverage of Value.
Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Students Summary
- Study level: Postgraduate
- Host institution(s): –
- Studying in: – Belgium
- Field of study: – Not specified
- deadline: April 28, 2023
- Sex: Men and women
Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Student Coverage
Applicants should note that these scholarships are not fully funded, hence a portion of your tuition fees will be absorbed by the scholarship organization.
Below are the benefits of the Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Students;
- All incoming students receive a grant of up to €8,000 per year
- The duration of the mobility is at least 1 academic year and at most the full duration of the Master’s programme.
- If a student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, he/she may lose the scholarship in the second year
Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria
These types of scholarships are awarded exclusively by one of the Flemish host institutions on behalf of students.
Now let’s look at the eligibility criteria required by the stock exchange board;
- The applicant applies to follow a master’s program at an institution of higher education in Flanders (hereinafter referred to as ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The application must have a high level of academic achievement and/or potential. He/she meets all academic admission requirements, including relevant language requirements, to be admitted to the relevant Master’s program offered by the Flemish host institutions.
- All nationalities can apply. The previously obtained diploma must come from an institution for higher education outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled at a Flemish higher education institution cannot submit an application.
- Passport photo
- International Passport or National ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your US GPA of 4.0 and, if applicable, your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- transcription of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a sworn translation must be enclosed.
- English test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Motivation letter written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from a professor from your previous home university, college or art school or recent employer, written in English.
- Copy of diploma(s) obtained if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a sworn translation must be enclosed.
How to Apply for Government of Flanders 2023-2024 Mastermind Scholarships for International Students
Below are the steps on how to apply for any of these scholarships;
- Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Mastermind scholarships
- Submit your application to the host institution
- The host institution preselects the admissible applications
- The host institution starts the application procedure for the Mastermind grant by creating your application file in the Mobility online application tool.
- You will receive an email generated by the Mon=bility online tool informing you that you have been pre-selected for a Mastermind scholarship
- You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline
- The host institution then validates the completed application file and submits it in the Mobility online tool before the deadline
Below are equally important links to other exchanges;
We believe this post was helpful in elaborating on the processes involved in applying for these scholarships.