Geneva Academy Scholarship 2023 – Your study stay in a university campus on European soil especially Switzerland is a very nice place to be. Applications are now open to all international students for the Geneva Academy Scholarship 2023.
This scholarship is basically aimed at and offers the opportunity to international students who are brilliant but have the financial muscle to fund their education at an international level.
Regarding this scholarship, applicants with good academic excellence are always needed as the name of the scholarship is “Geneva Academy Scholarship”.
Geneva Academy Scholarship covers all tuition fees and living expenses of successful international applicants, while full scholarships are given to citizens of non-western countries.
This scholarship is open to candidates who are willing to pursue their master’s degree in International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (LLM) at the Geneva Academy.
Nevertheless, this scholarship provides advanced, comprehensive and practical training in IHL, international human rights law, international refugee law and international criminal law, as well as the interplay between them.
In this article, applicants would be able to know how to apply for the Geneva Academy Scholarship, the eligibility criteria and other important information.
Summary of the Geneva Academy Scholarship
- Study level: Masters
- Host Institution(s): Geneva Academy
- Studying in: Switzerland
- courses: International humanitarian law, international human rights law, international law, international refugee law, international criminal law.
- deadline: Applicants start on November 28, 2022 and end on February 24, 2023 (end of application (with grant) January 27, 2023)
- Period: A year
Scholarship coverage of the Academy of Geneva
Below are the benefits received by successful applicants of the scholarship;
- Tuition fees
- Cost of living in Geneva for ten months
Applicants should note that full scholarships are given to candidates from non-western countries only. In this case, applicants from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States and Western Europe cannot be considered for a full scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Geneva Academy Scholarships
Applicants must prove the following before applying for the award;
- English language and French required
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate, via a recognized test, that their English is of a high enough level to successfully participate in and complete your course at the Geneva Academy. Meanwhile, applicants with a native English language, who have completed an English-language bachelor’s or master’s degree, with at least two years of professional or academic experience in an English-speaking environment will not be considered.
- A passive knowledge of French is an asset as students may need to attend conferences and class presentations in French.
- Applicants from any country in the world are eligible
- A full law degree (received by June at the latest) enabling the applicant to pass the bar examination in the relevant country, or another degree if the applicant has received a significant amount of training in public international law and courses related to our program (e.g. international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international criminal law)
- A strong academic record
- A demonstrable interest in the content of the training (e.g. professional experience, internships, summer school, conferences attended, publications, etc.)
How to Apply for the Geneva Academy Scholarship
The application process for the Geneva scholarship consists of three folds, and they are;
Partial, scholarship and a full scholarship. Here you decide what to choose.
Visit the official website here
Below are links to other scholarships
We assume this post has been helpful to you and we encourage you to share it with your friends and family.