DAAD Scholarships in Germany 2023 for international students is finally open. We bring great news for students who dream of higher education in Germany.
International students interested in studying in Germany have the chance to apply for more than 750 scholarships available in the top universities in Germany and DAAD scholarships are just one of them.
DAAD Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students interested in pursuing masters and PhD degree programs at top universities in Germany.
Germany is such a beautiful country with many great opportunities. This article will thoroughly explain DAAD scholarships offered at top universities in Germany.
Germany is one of the strongest countries in the world, embracing diverse cultures and different forms of entertainment and adventures suitable for balancing school and work. Interestingly, students are allowed to work during their studies. Amazing, right?
DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for PhD students.
Overview DAAD Scholarships
- Study level: Doctorate (PhD) / Master
- Institution: DEED
- Studying in: Germany
- Courses offered:
- Economics, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Culture Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, health sciences
- Program period: Between 12 and 36 months, depending on the duration of the study program chosen.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depends on chosen study program; check the deadlines here.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarships
DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2023 offers the following benefits:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for master’s programs or 1,200 euros for PhD students.
- Travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments for health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, fellows can enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent allowance.
- Contribution to the tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. €500 per semester).
Eligible Criteria for DAAD Scholarships 2023
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- English or German are the required languages.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You will usually need to provide an English-language certificate, for example TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. Usually you have to provide a German language certificate, for example DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for a list of eligible developing countries.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year degree) or a master’s degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates can demonstrate that their motivation is development-related and they are expected to take social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their education/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships 2023
Follow the next step-by-step application process to apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023:
Can you apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can register for up to three courses. If you are applying for more than one course, please list the courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the corresponding application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed CV (use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personally signed motivation letter (with reference to current profession and choice of postgraduate course(s), maximum two pages) with the current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you must submit one letter of motivation in which you explain why you are applying for these specific courses and why you have chosen that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have a letterhead, a signature, an official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of employment from the employer(s) proving at least two years of relevant work experience (after the bachelor’s degree) at the time of application and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment with your current employer upon return home.
- Proof of language proficiency:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of academic degrees (certified translation if required)
- Copies of academic transcripts, incl. assessment scale (possibly certified translation)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are requested to submit an APS certificate with their application documents.
Remark: Additional documents may be required for some courses. For detailed information, please refer to the relevant course description in the brochure and on the respective websites. Complete applications must be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarships:
- Choose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for up to three courses)
- Apply to universities that offer those courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee proposes potential candidates for a DAAD grant.
- DAAD will contact the proposed candidates to upload their complete application to the DAAD portal. (The link to the DAAD portal will be provided by DAAD via email)
- The selection process will be finalized and the proposed candidates will be notified.
Make sure you have a copy of each document of your application ready as those documents (as PDF files) must be uploaded to the DAAD portal in case you are proposed for a DAAD scholarship!
In this post, we have shared with you information about DAAD scholarships in Germany and how to apply. Please share with others if this has been helpful.