Have you ever thought about pursuing further education but faced financial constraints? Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country? If so, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 may be just what you need to achieve your academic goals. Have you ever thought about pursuing further education but faced financial constraints? Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country? If so, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 may be just what you need to achieve your academic goals.
Do you want to know more about this scholarship program? Who is eligible to apply? What are the benefits of the scholarship? How can you apply? We answer all these questions and more in this article.
Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023
The Commonwealth Distance Learning program is one of three masters programs offered by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to access training and skills needed for sustainable development that are not available in their home country.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for applicants from eligible low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake part-time Masters studies at UK universities while remaining in their home country.
The Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship under six CSC Development themes.
- Full tuition coverage for eligible courses.
- Scholarships where needed.
- Study from your home.
- No obligation to travel
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a UK protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least the upper second class (2:1) standard. In certain cases a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered.
- Not be able to study the program without this scholarship.
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- To go
Document required for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship
- Evidence that the applicant is a citizen or has refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of a valid passport (or National ID card) showing a photograph, date of birth and country of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications, including transcripts to date for all courses currently being studied, with certified translations, if not in English
- References from at least two persons, on institutional letterhead or an e-mail with clear sender details
- Curriculum vitae
Applications for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for the 2023/24 academic year are now open.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 March 2023 at 16:00 (GMT).
Applicants must apply and gain admission to study an approved master’s degree at a participating UK university in addition to apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship.
Apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship through the CSC’s online application system.
Learn more about completing the application form.
Each participating UK university conducts its own recruitment process to select a set number of candidates for distance learning scholarships. Universities will nominate their selected candidates to the CSC by 9 May 2023 at the latest. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will notify candidates of their results in July 2023.
Selection criteria include:
- Candidate’s academic merit
- Potential impact of the job on the development of the candidate’s home country
For inquiries, visit the CSC Scholarships and Fellowships page.
In conclusion, the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 provides a valuable opportunity for citizens of Commonwealth countries who wish to pursue higher education through distance learning. This scholarship not only provides financial aid but also connects recipients to a network of scholars, mentors and alumni for professional development and academic collaboration.
If you are a citizen of a Commonwealth country who has completed undergraduate studies and wish to obtain a postgraduate degree or diploma through distance learning, we encourage you to apply for this scholarship. The application process is simple and straight forward and the benefits of the scholarship are many.
Don’t let financial constraints stop you from pursuing your academic goals. Apply for the Commonwealth Learning Distance Scholarship 2023 and take the first step towards a brighter future. The application deadline is fast approaching, so don’t wait any longer. Apply now and unlock your potential!